The Dude on the Right
Sure, I loved Jamie Foxx in "Ray," I wanted to see "The Soloist" but now will probably wait until it comes out on DVD, and thought he did a big cop-out when, after he made the Miley Cyrus joke, he called himself "The Black Howard Stern" as sort of an excuse, but sure, why not have him be the coach for "Rat Pack" night. Actually, why is he the coach for "Rat Pack" night? Jamie’s got stuff to promote, he’s popular, but Jamie Foxx aside, what the hell is Paula wearing (My BFF says it looks like she is wearing "two boob cones.")? Oh well, let’s get to the singing..
– Sings – "The Way You Are Tonight"
– Starts slow, picks it up-tempo, and did an okay job. Guess it must have been great in the theater because the judges are treating him like he’s the next Frank Sinatra, well, all except Simon who didn’t think he was all that.
– Sings "Someone To Watch Over Me"
– She sings great, has some sultriness, is wearing an ugly dress, and I hate to make it about looks, but she needs to drop a few pounds to reach superstardom. Again everyone thinks she is the bomb, except Simon. Thank God for Simon keeping things in perspective and trying to keep Judge Kara in her place.
– Sings – "My Funny Valentine"
– I thought he looked grumpy and wasn’t that great, my BFF didn’t care for him either and thought he shouldn’t have changed the key he sang in, Randy didn’t like him, but Simon thought he was all that and a bag of chips. Hmm?
– Sings – "Come Rain or Come Shine"
– I think he did a great job, actually has been the only person to actually perform up to this point, and that might keep him around another week, but his looks just don’t seem to have it for an Idol winner. Sorry, but at this stage you have to have the entire package because we already know you can sing. Randy seemed to want his baby, Kara seemed to want to jump his bones, and Paula, well, she’s Paula. Simon, rightly so, gave props to the band for having a great arrangement for him.
– Sings – "Feeling Good"
– Yup, you might as well just crown him already and not have us have to sit through any more weeks of this. He’s into his groove, he knows how to work it, the crowd loves him, and Kara is almost hitting Paula level in her comments.
Well, we know they can all sing, now it is starting to come down to performing and their looks, so in that respect we get an Adam/Kris finale. Danny did great in the performance side this week, but his looks will drop him in the end, Matt will probably be gone next week, and the only thing Allison really has going for her right now is that she is the only girl left. In the end it’s Adam’s Idol to lose.
On the judges side, Kara is more annoying than Paula if only because she actually has this attitude of "I know more than you," as opposed to Paula who just, well, is Paula, and is it me, or maybe I’ve just not been paying attention, but has Ryan stopped saying "Seacrest, out!" at the end. I’m too lazy to go back to the tape.
That’s it for this one!
I’m The Dude on the Right!! L8R!!!