The Dude on the Right
The dudes tried their best for 70’s music, and didn’t do to well, so now it’s
time for the dudettes. Here’s how I thought they did…
– The Irish dudette who had a recording contract before. There’s still
something wrong about that.
– Crazy on You – Heart
– Like the bouncing, don’t like her tats, picked a good song for her, but
I wonder why she doesn’t work the stage more.
– She does do a pretty good baby cry.
– Me and Mr(s). Jones – Billy Paul
– I actually liked the song, even though the judges didn’t seem to like it.
Maybe it came across better on TV than in the studio. She still needs to come
into her own.
– You’re So Vain – Carly Simon
– Almost seemed to be in the wrong key for her because she couldn’t hit
the low notes, but even though, it was good. I still like her, but if she’s
going to be working with the guitar she needs a wireless headset and work around
the stage because this ain’t no coffee shop.
– We are happy to know she can hula dance!
– Don’t Leave Me This Way – Thelma Houston
– Maybe they aren’t allowed to actually work the crowd because so far
they all just stand in that middle circle, but I am liking Ramielle and thought
she did a great job. I don’t know what the hell is wrong with the judges, but I
Kristy Lee Cook
– As opposed to seeing what the dudes are in their real life, we like
knowing what the dudettes are like, and I like that she’s a tomboy.
– You’re No Good – Linda Ronstadt
– Nice outfit, and she’s doing her best to work the song. I think she
sings purty as well. Please, voters, keep her around for a while!
– She’s a bookworm, and a Harley chick, and a nurse.
– Carry On Wayward Son – Kansas
– Sure, she’s a rocker chick, but this was a horrible song especially
with the "American Idol" band being her back-up band. She’s looking scary,
and in the end, that won’t work for this show.
– Our staff member Big Cooter doesn’t like food touching each other either,
but at least he doesn’t use a different fork for each food.
– Hopelessly Devoted to You – Olivia Newton-John
– Stop the hunch back (it shows in the side shots), fix the gap in your
front teeth, but it just wasn’t a performance kind of song. She was good,
should have done "You’re the One That I Want" from "Grease," in tight leather,
but needs work. Head to the dark side – country music.
– If You Leave Me Now – Chicago
– It’s a nice, simple song, but the key to this song is it being from
Chicago, the band. She did a decent job, but nothing spectacular for me.
There are probably so many more songs in the 70’s that she could have done that
are more in her wheelhouse, it was almost sad she did a song from Chicago – the
band, not the city. If she had done a song from the city, not the band,
– She sings opera – does she know Orff?
– Magic Man – Heart
– Since it seems the singers aren’t let loose to actually work the crowd,
Kady just looks like some chick singing a Heart song. It really didn’t
work for me. She’s cute, but man, bolt into "Carmina Burana" in the middle
and really make the song your own.
– She was a cheerleader. Ready, o kay.
– All By Myself – Eric Carmen
– It was nice and all, but she couldn’t hit the power ballad of it at the
beginning, instead worked it into the ending. I think she got shorted
because she didn’t seem to do much of the song at all. Simon was right in
his comments, even if she was coming off being sick.
Hell, at least some of the dudes seemed to pick up on what to sing with the
70’s era, but the ladies were all over the place and none of them kept up with
some of the dudes. The voting will be interesting, and I won’t give you my
take on who should get the boot, but unless someone steps up in a huge way, or
he totally fucks up, David Archuleta has this season already in his back pocket.
Then again, if next week is the 80’s, at least some of these folks will be
singing songs released when they were alive.
That’s it for this one!
I’m The Dude on the Right!! L8R!!!