The Dude on the Right
As I woke up this morning, actually remembering that Daylight Savings Time
wasn’t ending this weekend as it usually would have, I did sort of wish today
was the day to "Fall Back," getting an extra hour of sleep, because I just
couldn’t drag my butt out of bed. But I did get my butt out of bed,
thinking of all of the things I wanted to accomplish but wouldn’t as this would
be a Sunday to hunker down on the couch as the Chicago Bears would show they
could save their season. I decided I would skip seeing any movies (who
really wanted to see "Dan in Real Life" anyway, but from the box office reports,
it looks like "Saw IV" was the place to be), do some quick grocery shopping, and
sit back and watch the Bears kick the Detroit Lions collective butts.
game came, and other than seeing a movie, here are some other things that I
should have done instead of watching the Bears implode…
- Do some cleaning around the Dude-Pad.
- Go back to the "Wheel of Fortune" auditions.
- Go for a healthy walk in the crisp, fall, air.
- Contemplate getting a Nintendo Wii or PS3 so I could buy "Guitar Hero
III: Legends of Rock" on Tuesday, then find any cheat codes I could to make
- Buy a Slingbox for my mom so I could watch the Cleveland Browns games
here in Chicago as they seem to be my only hope for football now.
- Write a DVD review of "Knocked Up."
- Write a CD review of "Magic" from Bruce Springsteen.
- Write a buttload of Movie Previews for the website.
- Keep digitizing my old photos in hopes of finding another gem like
"Five Moons in The Bay."
- Work on a Christmas Party weekend.
- Take a nap.
Every one of those things would have been better than watching the
Chicago Bears lose today. All I can say now is screw Rex Grossman,
screw Brian Griese, bring back Kyle Orton!
What a waste of a Sunday – at
least I wrote this blog. And did laundry.
That’s it for this one!
I’m The Dude on the Right!! L8R!!!